FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Management

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Rutan
Color Management
on Dec 2, 2008 at 12:26:02 pm

Well, I have been working on this for a while and cannot get what I want as printer output. I have a Pantone Eye-One Match3 terminal calibrator and I am set to luminosity of 120, Gamma of 32 and WP of 6500. My delta after the calibration is .47. My monitor is a Dell 2408WFP,24 inch. My printer is a HP Photosmart 8750. When I bring up a photo in Photoshop is looks great. I take my shots in raw, but my workspace is set up for RGB. If I open the same photo up in Nikon Capture 4, it looks the same as Photoshop. The problem is Windows and printing. If I look at the picture in Windows picture and fax viewer, it is too saturated. I get the same result when printing on the HP printer, even though I manage the print with Photoshop and use an HP printer profile for the paper that I am using.
Any thoughts as to why the mismatch between Windows/printer and Photoshop/Nikon Capture? As an added note: I opened the picture in Corel Paintshop Pro and it is very similar to the Windows version. So, it apears that Nikon Capture and Photoshop CS3 Ext look the same, while all others look way too saturated, including the print.
Thanks
Bob

Return to posts index

Jeff Kelley
Re: Color Management
on Dec 2, 2008 at 3:19:56 pm

My guess would be things like Windows picture and fax viewer are just not that accurate. Things like Photoshop and Nikon Capture 4 are probably a lot more accurate. I find it hard enough to get my printer and photoshop to be calibrated together. Why not do everything in Photoshop?

http://www.willinois.com

Return to posts index

Bob Rutan
Re: Color Management
on Dec 2, 2008 at 4:27:30 pm

Thanks Jeff,
I try to do everything in Photoshop and pretty much do. The problem is that my print comes out looking close to what the Windows Fax and file viewer shows and not what Photoshop shows. I'm thinking that there is something wrong with Windows XP, but cannot figure out what.
Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]