FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which Adobe program?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Davis
Which Adobe program?
on Nov 24, 2008 at 8:57:39 pm

Hello. I’m looking for a program that will allow me to divide up a page into a sectioned template, then insert photos into those sections, sort of like a real photo frame that has cutouts for multiple pictures. I’d like to be able to zoom in and out on the photos and move them around as if they were “behind” the sections, without this affecting the template as I am working. I was thinking this would probably be an Adobe program of some sort, but am wondering which one.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Andrew Bell
Re: Which Adobe program?
on Nov 25, 2008 at 2:40:10 pm

Photoshop CS4 or any earlier version is the best for this type of activity

Return to posts index

Eric Chard
on Nov 25, 2008 at 8:41:36 pm

Especially if the user keeps the layers as "Smart Objects" so they don't lose resolution.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Jaime Montaño
on Nov 30, 2008 at 11:30:37 pm

If you are planning to buy some software just to do that task and similar basic tasks like managing layers and such, maybe Photoshop is a bit expensive. If you are on the mac side you could try Pixelmator. Great app with rulers, layers an guides, just for $59.

Return to posts index

Josh Sommers
on Jan 20, 2009 at 7:30:13 pm

You can do this in Photoshop or in Illustrator, but there are countless other programs that have similar features, such as those in the AcDSee lineup. But I would suggest Photoshop or Illustraotr as your best bet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]