FORUMS: list search recent posts

PS7: crop using existing aspect ratio

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Chard
PS7: crop using existing aspect ratio
on Nov 14, 2008 at 9:44:29 pm

note: PS7

So, I want to crop a photo using it's existing aspect ratio. How is that done using PS-SEVEN?

Thanks!

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Eric Chard
Re: PS7: crop using existing aspect ratio/ bad UI design
on Nov 14, 2008 at 10:00:08 pm

Ha! Answering my own post: Here's where USERS should bitch and moan to software designers about the little UI things that trip one up:

There's a VERY easy way to crop using the existing AR, but it is hidden by BAD UI DESIGN. The button is "Front Image" in the Crop Tool options bar.

What this does is expand the crop marquees to the full size of the image, and keeps them in this AR as you size them. Fantastic! Just what I needed! BUT....

The button label sucks. For all I know, Adobe has changed it since PS7, but in PS7 the label gives users very little hint as to the button's actual function. For one thing "Front"?? That implies there's a "Rear Image" somewhere (AFAIK, there isn't).

Anyway, if you consistently and politely call these little things to software producers' attention, we all get a better product and often you can get beta tester status. So send in those comments! Don't be shy! If it's an issue w/you, chances are it's an issue for somebody else, maybe thousands of users.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]