FORUMS: list search recent posts

still pixelated at 300 dpi

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Judy Singh
still pixelated at 300 dpi
on Nov 5, 2008 at 4:26:43 pm

I'm using PS CS2 to create a small web ad from a supplied logo, a stock 72 dpi background and text.

The logo is a newer eps file so it won't open in my Illustrator version which I normally would use to create a vector to import into PS but since this is not working i just imported it into PS thinking that since I was scaling DOWN from 2300 to 200 px it wouldn't pixelate -- but it is.

The test is pixelated too but I've tried every anti-aliasing setting and no matter what I do it still comes out terrible.

Is there something else I'm missing???

I've made lots of things in PS before and never had this sort of problem. There must be a logical solution...???

--apparently PS is not the place for txt but I know I've done it many times before successfully...

Power Mac G5 Quad 2.5 Ghz (11.2)
2.5G RAM
OS X 10.4.11
FCP 5.0.4
Compressor 2.0.1
DVDSP 4.0.3

-- experience is tough teacher
she gives the test first
and the lesson afterwards

Return to posts index

Jeff Kelley
Re: still pixelated at 300 dpi
on Nov 7, 2008 at 3:47:25 pm

Is it pixelated on the screen or have you done a print test? I usually work at 300 ppi, but 200 should be passable. You might check the size of you doc. If you are printing at 200 ppi and you image needs to be printed at 200%, your really only working in 100 ppi

Make sure you looking at you image at 100% on screen to get a good idea of what it looks like.

http://www.willinois.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]