FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cropping problem!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Stone
Cropping problem!
on Oct 5, 2008 at 6:39:09 pm

Hello,
Sometime, somehow, I must have pushed in a shortcut key combo by accident. When I crop, I cannot alter the height and width independently of each other. Basically, the only option I have is to make the area bigger or smaller whilst maintaining the aspect ratio. I can also rotate the area - this is not very helpful and I'm not even sure what terms to use when searching for a fix, so hopefully someone here can tell me what I've done?

Thank you,

Ryan

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Richard Williams
Re: Cropping problem!
on Oct 6, 2008 at 12:32:50 am

hi...

1st, go to top of screen of photoshop, and click on the "window" menu button (alt w if you are running windows).

Ensure options in this menu has a tick next to it. if not, click on it to put a tick there.

Now, click on your crop tool. On the top of the screen now you should see some options. Where it says width and height, you have something typed in there... delete by ressing clear on the end of this options bar...so now these boxes are blank.

Tool should now work as you want it to.

Also, when you select the crop tool, you see the crom tool apear on the option bar... you can create, delete and reset presets using the drop down button, and then clicking on the small arrow on the right hand side of the drop down box.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Richard Harrington
Re: Cropping problem!
on Oct 7, 2008 at 2:03:24 pm

Click the Clear button in option bar.. you have a target sized entered into Options bar which is constraining crop

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]