FORUMS: list search recent posts

test circle

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Strickler
test circle
on Sep 23, 2008 at 2:18:19 pm

Is there some way to make the text go in a complete circle?
So far I've tried to make two arch sections, each containing half of the phrase. Then arch one of them -100% and other one 100% and put them together. That way is far from perfect and I'm hoping that there is an easier way.

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
Re: test circle
on Sep 23, 2008 at 8:34:54 pm

I see that I mispelled text in the title. Too late now. Maybe to clarify a little. I want text to form a circle and go in a 360 degree arc and not just 180 degree.

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
on Sep 23, 2008 at 8:38:05 pm

Return to posts index

Richard Williams
on Sep 23, 2008 at 8:39:34 pm

Draw a circle on a layer.
Now click on the Add Anchor Point tool (inside the pen tool)
Click on points around the circle, in effect drawing a line around it.
Now select your type tool. Put it up to the edge of the circle until you see a little diagnal line across it then click

Now type. once completed, delete the layer with the circle drawn and bob's your uncle!

Return to posts index

Ted Strickler
on Sep 25, 2008 at 7:52:09 pm

Richard, thank you for that tip. It does work but I had trouble trying to get it balanced correctly. I mean by that, the text make a complete circle and starting and ending the way I want.
I use Photoshop Elements for most of my printing needs like DVD cases because it is fairly simple to use and handles text pretty well. With your suggestion, I had to use Photoshop CS3 which I must admit, I am very new to. I need to get into the manual more but the box of manuals is just so overwhelming
Actually, I hope that I am still missing something for adjusting the circle text.

Thank you, Ted.

Return to posts index

Richard Williams
on Sep 29, 2008 at 8:13:38 pm

what you could do, is click on the layer containing the text, then click on Edit, free transform path. Now, if you hold the mouse over the corner of the selected area, a two way curved arrow will appear. That way you can spin the text to get the position you require lined up perfectly.

Hope this Helps

Richard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]