FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS2 or CS3 won't open files on a Mac - HELP!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Thomas
CS2 or CS3 won't open files on a Mac - HELP!
on Sep 11, 2008 at 2:12:22 pm

After moving my G5 with OSX Tiger and Photoshop CS2 and CS3, I now cannot open any documents in either version. It just sits there with the beach ball.
I tried trashing preferences, but that didn't help.
The only thing that I know is different is that there is no internet connection to the computer yet.
Does it have to connect to Adobe for some reason? I've noticed in the past that it wants to connect every so often.

My last resort is to re-install, but I'm hoping there's some easy solution.

Thanks all,

Bill

Return to posts index

Jeff Kelley
Re: CS2 or CS3 won't open files on a Mac - HELP!
on Sep 12, 2008 at 9:45:24 pm

Can you create new Doc and save them and re-open them?

http://www.willinois.com

Return to posts index

David Liban
on Sep 15, 2008 at 12:57:02 am

I am using a PowerPC dual processor, and recently upgraded to Leopard. Now Photoshop will not launch. It works fine on my Intel Powerbook, but cannot get it to open. I've reinstalled, dumped the preference file, and repaired my permissions. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Bill Thomas
on Sep 15, 2008 at 2:31:42 am

Well, after lots of internet searching, I figured out what my problem was.
I had a CD in the disc drive and for some reason there's a glitch where PS CS2 or CS3 won't open a file unless that media is ejected. Weird, huh???

Hope that helps!!

Bill

Return to posts index

Tony Johnson
Re: CS2 or CS3 won't open files on a Mac
on Jul 30, 2013 at 8:52:47 am

I had trouble this morning with files not opening in PS. The problem was the CD in the drive just as you said! Thank you so much, you've saved me a lot of time and money!

Return to posts index

John Cordova
on Nov 4, 2008 at 8:56:15 pm

Bill,

I was having a problem that I was stressing so bad about. I thought I was going to have to spend some major $$ on...money that I don't have. Anyway, long story short, I came upon a response of yours to a question I had and you have saved the day!!

Thanks so much. I was already going to have someone re-install the entire Mac OSX system 'cuz I was going crazy. I installed & re-installed CS3 several times and kept having the problem of Illustrator not opening up my files (couldn't get a thing done in the last 5 days) until I read your post. I ejected the CD I had in the machine and voila!, it worked!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

- John Cordova
john@gitanodesign.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]