FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deny an Adjustment layer

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergey Maiorov
Deny an Adjustment layer
on Aug 21, 2008 at 11:58:48 am

Hi everyone! I've been asking myself this question for long time - when I use an adjustment layer, it affects all the layers below it. But what can I do if I want a specific layer to deny its effects? Is there any way?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kelley
Re: Deny an Adjustment layer
on Aug 21, 2008 at 1:39:17 pm

If you are using an adjustment layer with a single layer, you can apply "use previous layer as a clipping mask" .If you are setting up a adjustment layer to a set, you need to create a mask manually.

Jeff
http://www.willinois.com

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Deny an Adjustment layer
on Aug 21, 2008 at 6:06:12 pm

As previously mentioned, you can use a Clipping Mask or Layer Mask to limit the effect of an adjustment layer.

Additionally, if you only want the adjustment layer to affect layers in a layer set, you can set the layer set's blending mode to 'normal' (or any other blending mode, the individual layers in the layer set will be blended first then it will use the layer set's blending mode to blend with the rest of the document) instead of 'pass through.' Any adjustment layers inside the layer set will not affect any layers outside the layer set. The downside of this technique is that the blending modes of the other layers inside the layer set will not affect layers outside of the layer set.

Darby Edelen

NVIDIA
Santa Clara, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]