FORUMS: list search recent posts

choosing to upgrade to CS3 or CS3 extended

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victoria Murphy
choosing to upgrade to CS3 or CS3 extended
on Aug 21, 2008 at 2:00:23 am

I have a basic knowledge of Photoshop but it has been a long time since I used it. Right now I need to export a still from Final Cut Pro, make a mask in Photoshop, and export the mask to Final Cut. I need to refresh my memory about stuff related to this task so I thought I would take the opportunity to go through some Lynda.com tutorials. I figure it would be good to upgrade from Photoshop 7 to Photoshop CS3 before I do so, so I can learn more current stuff.

I have to choose between CS3 and CS3 Extended. I reviewed the info at Adobe's site and it really didn't tell me enough to make a decision. It is hard to anticipate my needs too much; I make time-based work (videodance, think modern-dance-meets-filmmaking [not quite as scary as Abbot and Costello meeting Frankenstein*]) so on the face of it it seems like CS3 Extended might be appropriate, but many times in the past I have purchased more soft/hardware than I needed and by the time I used it it was out of date.

Do you have any thoughts about CS3 vs. CS3 Extended in my case, or are there things you can suggest that I consider as I make a choice?

Thank you.
Victoria

* Probably way too obscure, i.e., old, a reference for anyone reading this post to get.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: choosing to upgrade to CS3 or CS3 extended
on Aug 21, 2008 at 10:27:28 pm

[Victoria Murphy] "in the past I have purchased more soft/hardware than I needed and by the time I used it it was out of date. "

Bingo....
Download the demo and try it out first... use your full 30 days

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Victoria Murphy
Re: choosing to upgrade to CS3 or CS3 extended
on Aug 22, 2008 at 1:11:52 am

Good idea. Thanks, Richard.
Victoria

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>