FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding a mouse click to an Action?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Bye
adding a mouse click to an Action?
on Aug 9, 2008 at 2:40:47 am

I've been creating Actions out of a 20+ step process which allows me to mask a photo.
Currently I have to break the process into 2 separate actions because the workflow requires me to click on the screen with the magic wand tool to select the white b/g of an inverted mask.

Is it possible to add some scripting or other method to include the clicking of the mouse in a particular area of an image to the Actions list?

I need to process hundreds of images that will all have different dimensions and crop aspects. It would be great to find some way to automate the single click that divides my 2 Actions.

One thing that will be the same for all images will be that at the moment requiring a click-selection, all of the images will have blank white in their upper left corner areas because the previous Action step is to fill an inverted selection with white.
I wonder if it's possible to make an Action step that says "Switch to Magic Wand tool and click to make a selection 10 pixels down and 10 pixels to the right of the upper left corner".
That would be ideal in every scenario for the hundreds of images I need to mask.

Any ideas out there....?

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
Re: adding a mouse click to an Action?
on Aug 12, 2008 at 12:51:33 am

Try select color range instead of selecting with Magic Wand

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: adding a mouse click to an Action?
on Aug 13, 2008 at 12:42:18 am