FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting Ready for Printing Shop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Bearg
Getting Ready for Printing Shop
on Aug 6, 2008 at 5:20:06 am

Hi all,

Well I'm an audio guy and have not much knowledge about photoshop.
I need to make a pdf for my printing shop.

I'm using Photoshop CS3.

T've got a 4"x5" canvas and will be printing on 8.5"x11" paper.
I would like to print 4 of the 4x5's on each sheet of 8.5x11.

So, my question is:

1) How do I line them up properly so when they cut them the finished 4x5's will be truly centered 4x5's?

And the printer would like cutting lines, Sorry I don't know the technical term. The lines just outside of the 4x5's so they know where to cut.

2) How do I get those "cut" lines onto my final pdf for them?

Thanks much
Brian

Return to posts index

Sapphire Parker
Re: Getting Ready for Printing Shop
on Aug 7, 2008 at 1:41:31 pm

Let me try answering your question to what I have understood;

Open a file1 with height: 8.5 and Width :11
Resolution : 300 as its going to be a print out and
Color Mode: CMYK

Open file 2- Canvas-Image with height: 4 and width: 5
Resolution : 300 as its going to be a print out and
Color Mode: CMYK

Now using the Move tool, move all the Canvas/Images onto the file1 and align it the way you want.

Hope this helps!!!

Cheers,

SP
http://www.videoediting-direct.co.uk

Return to posts index

Brian Bearg
on Aug 7, 2008 at 3:29:12 pm

Thanks for the response. I'm really a novice when it comes to photoshop. My real wonder for this question is the "Cut Line". Let me try to explain them better.

So on my 8.5x11 canvas I've got the 4 4x5's lined up and all. Then when I send them to be printed I have been instructed to have these cut lines so the printers know where to cut the 4x5's at. These lines are 1/4 off of each of the 4x5's so they know where to line up there cutting machine. I'm wondering how to put these lines on my 8.5x11 so they know where to cut. The easiest way of doing this other than just making some lines and lining them up which opens me up to error. Is there a option in Photoshop or any other adobe suite that I can turn this on or off?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Rose Neville
on Mar 4, 2009 at 1:59:50 am

I have been having the same problem, but mine is creating cut lines for business card inserts. I am using CS3 as well. For your problem I would try using guide lines, At the top of the document you are working with click between the ruller and the page and drag... this pulls a guide line out and you can place it where you need it. You can do the same on the left side of the page and multipal times as well. then double click the guide line and change the setting to dashed lines. I hope this is good enough for the printer. Also to turn guides on and off press ctrl: it took me a while to learn this but it is useful. When you create your guide lines do them all on their own layer, make sure it is on one layer and you label it and place it ontop of all other layers. If you find a way to create diagonal lines let me know.

Rose

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]