FORUMS: list search recent posts

Applying filters to Video Frames...

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
april henderson
Applying filters to Video Frames...
on Jul 31, 2008 at 4:02:12 pm

Hey there,

I was just having fun applying filters to video frames. I'm not really sure how to do it. Sorry I am begginer with Photoshop. If I select one frame, I can add filters, but If I select all layers, then I can add any filters it seems. Doing frame by frame would take an eternity. Is there an easier way to paste the filter onto the rest of the frames?

I've tried the film strip method, but photoshop always runs out of my memory..and I've maximized it in preferences to 3 gigabytes.

Any advice would be great...

thanks,

April the Curious

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
Re: Applying filters to Video Frames...
on Aug 1, 2008 at 12:26:37 am

Convert the video layer to a Smart Object (Filter/Convert for Smart Filters) then apply filters to it.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

april henderson
on Aug 1, 2008 at 2:11:44 am

Thanks a million. I'm starting to really love photoshop.
I noticed however, one of my custom filters/plug ins wasn't accessable after I converted to a smart object.

Earlier today...I did a filter frame by frame on a jpeg sequence.

Is there an easier way around this? Or another method?

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
on Aug 2, 2008 at 1:42:56 am

Because some plug-ins do not play well with Smart Filters we required specific info in the plug-in to be enabled for Smart Filter use.There should be a plug-in in your extras folder that will enable all plugins for Smart Filters - use at your own risk_

If you are into scripting you could create a script to run a filter on each frame. You could also record an action that runs the filter then advances to the next frame, which would still be slow, but at leats it would just be clicking paly on the action instead of a bunch of clicking for advance frame and run filter.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

april henderson
on Aug 2, 2008 at 2:01:22 am

Hey thanks for the reply. As I mentioned before, I'm a total novice with Photoshop, but I'm really liking it.

Do you think you could direct me to the "Extras Folder"? Is that in the program itself? Or is that like: c:programfilesadobephotoshopcs3extras?

Am really curious how to access that?

Hmmmm........?

:)

Return to posts index

Steen Bjerregaard
Removing items from footage
on Aug 2, 2008 at 12:36:04 pm

I need help, and I hope you would help me.
I have a footage, where there is a sequence with a car moving, and on the car side is a logo there should be removed. I had tried with PS CS 3 ext. on every frame, but I am not happy with the results.
I hope you have a smart idea.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Regards
Steen

Return to posts index

april henderson
Re: Removing items from footage
on Aug 2, 2008 at 3:46:01 pm

I think that you should make a new thread with that discussion.
I usually AFX so am not sure. How to improve on your car footage. If you painted each frame, am not sure how you could improve on that. I guess you need to have a high level of painting skill.

Return to posts index

april henderson
on Aug 3, 2008 at 12:27:09 am

Well....I looked through the photoshop cs3 folders and somewhere in the scripts section I actually found the "enableallfiltersforsmartfilters" script. So that was my first clue. Then I opened up photoshop and went into the scripting section I found and browsed to the script in question and clicked on it. It appears to have worked. But I'll see if this sample video all renders out. I really hope so, because I think these photoshop filters look way better than AFX filters.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]