FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a border on my header

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Uccello
Creating a border on my header
on Jul 18, 2008 at 7:29:05 pm

Hi,

I have a website header that I have designed. However, I want to create an outer border and I am not sure how to do that. I can't just stroke because the border just goes into the non revealed area of the canvas.

The canvas size is cropped to match the header dimensions, but if I reveal all, it gets way to big (as I have BIG images on it that I only want there being a portion of). Here is what it looks like

Photobucket

How can I add a border to the OUTER edges of this header and reveal just the border when I expand the canvas? Is there a way to add a border to image and have the canvas and have it expand automatically? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tom Hepburn
Re: Creating a border on my header
on Jul 19, 2008 at 5:24:17 pm

"Is there a way to add a border to image and have the canvas and have it expand automatically? Thanks."

I'm not completely sure what you mean by the above, but if you apply a stroke in the effects palette, then select the position to "inside" you should get what you want in terms of putting a border on that portion of the image. If the issue is the you're having a problem saving out (in web form) just the header part of your of your image, then I would us the slice tool with guides and save selection. If you're doing a lot of web work, the slice tool is sweet.
T

Return to posts index

Anthony Uccello
Re: Creating a border on my header
on Jul 23, 2008 at 3:16:26 pm

Thanks Tom!

Worked perfectly! Didn't notice you could set the stroke to inside!

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]