FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photos Saved Darker Than as Corrected

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Prisby
Photos Saved Darker Than as Corrected
on Jun 1, 2008 at 3:32:39 pm

I was recently making color and exposure corrections to a collection of photos in Photoshop CS3 and discovered a problem that I didn't recall having before and hope that maybe someone can resolve for me.

For each photo I would meticulously adjust the levels, brightness/contrast, color balance, etc. using adjustment layers to get the photo looking exactly as I wanted. But when I saved it and then later reopened it in Photoshop on the same computer it was noticibly darker as if the contrast had been increased. This was happening with every photo. I saved them as both PSD and JPG. In fact, when I saved for the web as a JPG and used the split screen both before and after samples were showing the photo darker even before I saved it. I tried flattening the image first but that didn't help. My solution was to go back to the original photo and increase the brightness and/or decrease the contrast beyond where it looked good just to compensate for the darkening effect that was happening when I saved it. This sometimes took several trials of going back and forth to get the saved photo to look right. Please help.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Photos Saved Darker Than as Corrected
on Jun 3, 2008 at 2:01:35 am

Check your color management settings and match sure profiles match the intended device

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Jim Prisby
Re: Photos Saved Darker Than as Corrected
on Jun 3, 2008 at 2:09:15 pm

Thanks for the tip, Richard, I adjusted some of my color settings and it fixed the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]