FORUMS: list search recent posts

Printing Multiple copies in Photoshop CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Zentmeyer
Printing Multiple copies in Photoshop CS3
on May 21, 2008 at 7:20:01 pm

It used to be that the printer would handle making the number of copies one needed from its own memory.
You send the job with the number of copies and the computer would send one copy of the job with the number of copies the printer would need to make. Printer manages making the number of copies.

I cannot duplicate this in Photoshop CS3. Each copy is sent to the printer individually from the print spool. On larger jobs, 40mb+, the printer stops and waits for the data to be resent from the computer each time. This slows down my HP3600n to less than 4 ppm color. (Ouch! on large deadline dependent jobs)

The problem does not appear to be memory size dependent as it does it on jobs smaller than 64mb (the printer installed ram size)

Is there a setting that I am missing to change the copy management from XP to the Printer?

Help

John

Return to posts index

Kim Segel
Re: Printing Multiple copies in Photoshop CS3
on Jun 30, 2008 at 6:34:01 am

Try this workaround,

Do a normal print from PS for only one copy, but first click on the "Page Setup" tool that takes you out to your printer settings.

In the printers menus, set it up for multiple copies (can't tell you how - this is printer software dependent) and then do your print.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

--Emo Philips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]