FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to save files

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alisa Placas
Unable to save files
on May 13, 2008 at 1:05:54 pm

I have a 2.5 dual G5 with 4GB RAM and running OSX 10.4.11.

I have PSCS3 and was using it all day without incident. I started working on some really large files and the RAM was getting choked up. I quit out and restarted and cleared cache and fixed Disc Permissions. But now, whenever I attempt to open a file in Photoshop, I get the stalled spinning wheel and have to force quit.

I have tried uninstalling Photoshop (using the adobe uninstaller) and reinstalling it twice.
I started up on the OS disc and repaired disc permissions there.
I rebuilt the MacHD with DiscWarrior.
All to no avail.

I can create a new file and draw on it. It saves the file and I can see the file in my folder, but the spinning wheel happens and I have to quit.
So..cannot open files and cannot save files.

I have the downloaded version of PSCS3, not the CD.

I uninstalled it again and reinstalled PSCS2 from a CD. It is having the same problem.

I saw in my Activity Monitor app that Photoshop was trying to use 1.8GB of RAM. So, I lowered the RAM preferences in Photoshop, but that has not done any good.
I tossed some other preferences and now can open and save a small file, but nothing large.

Any ideas?
I need photoshop for all of my work. I have deadlines backing up and can do nothing without it.
It HAD been working fine until I was working with several enormous documents at once.
Could I have somehow fried my computer?

I CAN still open an After Effects project that is using these large files (for HD video). AE isn't having a hard time accessing these files and outputting RAM previews.
So, it seems to be specific to Photoshop.
Any suggestions? I'm desperate to resolve this.

thanks....

Return to posts index

Alisa Placas
Re: Unable to save files
on May 13, 2008 at 2:47:53 pm

I uninstalled Version Cue CS2 and that seems to have fixed the problem. So far so good...

Alisa Placas
Lucid Animation
Cambridge, MA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]