FORUMS: list search recent posts

Window Drift

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Newman
Window Drift
on Apr 13, 2008 at 11:16:06 pm

I saw a thread here a long time ago about something I'm currently experiencing, but it didn't provide a solution to my problem so I'm bringing this one up again.

I sometimes have the task of opening hundreds of image files one at a time and performing a few simple steps to them. Many of these steps can be batch automated, but some are manual so it requires hours of manually opening one image after another.

What's happening is that, gradually, after opening many images (maybe a dozen, maybe 20 or more, I haven't watched closely enough to say) the images begin opening further down to the lower right of my screen rather than the top left where the first images open.

This seemingly benign issue actually becomes very annoying, as I have to grab the image and drag it up and left to get it back into full view on my screen. No crisis in this, but it's just annoying and I have no idea why it happens in the first place.

The previous thread on this issue discussed that if you have an image file open when you shut down Photoshop, it may remember the screen location of that image and then begin opening new images in that screen location when you next launch photoshop. Or wherever the last image was on the screen may dictate where photoshop opens the next image.

However, in my case, I have one image always sitting at the top left of the screen that I don't move, and when I open the image I need to work on and it opens in the top left, I do what I have to do to the image without moving or resizing it, close it down and open the next image from the finder. No images are placed anywhere on the screen other than the upper left, and I only open one image at a time so it's not a multi-image cascading issue.

But sooner or later, one image suddenly opens further down and right than the previous images and, eventually, if I do nothing, the images will begin opening at the lower right of my screen and continue to do so no matter what I do, until I exit photoshop and relaunch it.

Again, this really isn't a big problem but just a nagging annoyance given the repetitive work I sometimes I have to do, and it's seemingly pointless for these images to begin opening at lower right anyway.

Anyone have any idea on this one? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Window Drift
on Apr 20, 2008 at 12:25:10 am

Press F for full screen mode

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]