FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Express & Intellectual Property

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Lisonbee
Adobe Express & Intellectual Property
on Apr 8, 2008 at 6:14:43 pm

According to this paragraph in the "terms of use" for Photoshop Express. If you publish anything on the Express service site, you give Adobe royalty-free use of the the material.

"8. Use of Your Content.

Adobe does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, with respect to Your Content that you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Services, and unless otherwise specifically agreed in any Additional Terms that might accompany individual services (such as Photoshop.com/Express), you grant Adobe a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other Materials or works in any format or medium now known or later developed."
(Adobe Express Terms of Use https://www.photoshop.com/express/terms.html)

I'd like to know what everything thinks about this new direction in "use and terms" of software.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Adobe Express & Intellectual Property
on Apr 9, 2008 at 12:49:29 am

1. This doesn' t belong in this forum. This is about Adobe Photoshop (and occassionally elements). Express is a free online photo service targeted to the myspace crowd.

2. This is NO DIFFERENT than YouTube, Myspace, Google Video, etc.

Move on... stop trolling for a flame war.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Dennis Lisonbee
on Apr 9, 2008 at 1:19:05 am

Richard,

Thank you for your prompt reply, and your opinion.

This is a very timely issue currently being discussed in higher education right now. Yesterday a guest speaker, a professional photographer from industry, discussed what Adobe is doing with our students. I am certainly "trolling" to find out what other professionals think about this issue.

To save bandwidth, I would appreciate hearing from other professionals directly. You may email me at lisonbde@uvsc.edu

Sincerely,

Dennis Lisonbee
Associate Professor
Digital Media
Utah Valley University

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Apr 9, 2008 at 1:30:33 am

Read this

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2008/04/photoshop_expre_3.html

Richard M. Harrington, PMP