FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop output

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Redstone
Photoshop output
on Mar 5, 2008 at 12:27:18 am

I don't use Photoshop very often for print output but I am trying to get a business card done but every time I email it to my printer he's telling me that the card has to be 300 DPI resolution, 3.75 x 2.25 size, a TIFF format in cmyk color. That's what I think I have but for some reason it's not right. Am I not saving it properly?

I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what it is....Do you?

I'm using Photoshop CS (8.0) on a brand new Intel Mac Pro.

Thanks,

Ron

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Photoshop output
on Mar 5, 2008 at 9:01:06 pm

[Ron Redstone] "That's what I think I have but for some reason it's not right. Am I not saving it properly? "

It would be valuable to know exactly why you think that's what you have. For example, what are the settings under Image > Image Size > Document Size? What are the settings under Image > Mode?

Darby Edelen
Designer
Left Coast Digital
Santa Cruz, CA

Return to posts index

Ron Redstone
on Mar 7, 2008 at 6:54:56 am

The image size was 3.75 x 2.25, the resolution was 300 pixels per inch and the mode was cmyk/8bit.

But perhaps it was %? Because on the file name it said @66.7%

Perhaps I saved it wrong when I had to choose the image compression? Or the byte order?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Mar 11, 2008 at 6:23:05 am

[Ron Redstone] "The image size was 3.75 x 2.25, the resolution was 300 pixels per inch and the mode was cmyk/8bit.

But perhaps it was %? Because on the file name it said @66.7%

Perhaps I saved it wrong when I had to choose the image compression? Or the byte order?"

Your settings sound correct.

The % in the title bar of the document is the size you are currently viewing the document at, so that's not a problem.

It could be something you did during the save process but I doubt it. Compression shouldn't be a problem, nor should byte order... If you want to upload a sample image (it doesn't have to be the card you've created, just create something in exactly the same way) somewhere I'd be happy to take a look at the file.

Darby Edelen
Designer
Left Coast Digital
Santa Cruz, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]