FORUMS: list search recent posts

Understanding the selection process

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Sommerer
Understanding the selection process
on Mar 4, 2008 at 11:18:04 pm

I've had Photoshop since version 6 but I've never completely understood the selection processes so I'm trying to wrap my rather dense noggin around them now.

When I make a selection with the pen or any of the marquis tools, if I do a Layer via Cut process, with 0.0 pixel feathering, I get a 1 pixel line that appears around the new layer in my image. Anti-aliasing toggled on or off, doesn't matter, I still get that 1 pixel line.

Is this supposed to happen? This is why I've always used the layer via copy command. I'm sure it's user error on my part.

Thanks.

MacPro 2.66, GHZ quad. ATI X1900, Photoshop CS3, OSX 10.4.11, QT 7.3

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Understanding the selection process
on Mar 6, 2008 at 1:56:57 am

Try using Select> Modify > Contract

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Craig Sommerer
on Mar 7, 2008 at 2:27:17 am

Thank you, Richard.

I think what it's always been is not only my lack of motivation to really investigate this phenomenon but also a display anomaly as this line is not in a print of an image nor is it present in any sort of video application. It appears at various scaling percentages in the work space. I guess nothing is wrong.

Return to posts index

William Wood
on Jul 15, 2008 at 3:04:24 am

Your path is still active. Go to the paths palette and click anywhere inside the dialog box, away from the path to deactivate it.

Immortal Imaging LLC
http://immortalimaging.net

Return to posts index

Choi Capulong
on Jul 4, 2010 at 9:29:49 am

Sir, i cant understand why after selecting all the imag, the modify button would allow the border tools only to be used. Others is not highlighted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]