FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batching file combinations

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Mooney
Batching file combinations
on Feb 26, 2008 at 4:55:53 am

Is there an automatic way to do this with PS CS3 ext or AI CS2?
I need to add a grey type-layout as a bottom layer to nine graphic files so that it appears to be a watermark.
The grey watermark is the name of many, many, clients and thus changes after every nine comps are prepared and saved.

In that my description is not clear, it would be performed manually in this manner: Type a client name into watermark text file, open graphic comp file #1, move the watermark to the bottom layer of the graphic comp file, save this combination comp as a new file. Then, alter the client name in the watermark file and repeat all steps until I have nine finished comp combinations (and another boring five minutes lost at the keyboard and a dismal night ahead).
The client name change can't be merged or set automatically, but it's the other stuff I want to automate.
Thanks
Greg

Return to posts index

Brian Tull
Re: Batching file combinations
on Feb 26, 2008 at 5:53:22 am

Seems like it could be done via an action. I think for every file you'll have to at least click the play button in the actions palette, but otherwise it should work out. It's possible it won't but you should try that method if you haven't.

Return to posts index

Greg Mooney
Re: Batching file combinations
on Feb 26, 2008 at 5:29:00 pm

I just opened PS HELP and will look into it.
Thank you, Brian
Looks as though it may work.

Return to posts index

Greg Mooney
Re: Script design for multi page graphic
on Mar 6, 2008 at 4:31:56 pm

I asked about this for Batch but after studying them I now see that scripts are better. Learning how to use them however, has been a struggle. I appreciate direct help or being pointed toward a source for a script.

I am producing a set of nine graphic pages and need to add a grey text "watermark" or a text layer as a bottom layer to each page.

This grey text is the name of a client. There are many clients, thus the name changes after every nine comps are prepared and saved for email distribution.

In that the above is not clear, it would be performed manually in this manner: Type a client name in grey on one layer. Open a PSD graphic comp file and move it as the top layer over the text layer. Save this combination comp as a new JPG file. Repeat this for a total of nine comps, each with this client's name as grey text on a bottom layer.

The next client name is given the same treatment, and on and on for many clients.
The portion I wish to automate is the 9-sheet process.

Thanks
Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]