FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with animations...

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Loughan
Help with animations...
on Feb 25, 2008 at 8:31:34 pm

So my skills in animation are growing but I am limited to my knowledge of the program. I am using Photoshop CS3 and have made the above banner but would like to make the squeege swipe on the logo. I would really like to have 3 squeeges pass on one color each to simulate screen printing. How do I do this? It took me quite a long time just to find the tween option to make the squeege go across it. Now I have no idea how to make the squeege wipe on the logo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Anthony

Return to posts index

Brian Tull
Re: Help with animations...
on Feb 25, 2008 at 10:37:11 pm

So basically you want individual elements to appear when the squeegee travels over them? If that's the case, I would put all the individual elements on their own layer, keyframe their opacity at the beginning of the animation at 0% then put another keyframe at 1% opacity at the moment the squeegee passes over that element and then put another keyframe at 100% when the squeegee is just past that element. If that doesn't satisfy your needs or if you need further clarification, just post your issues and I'll see what I can do.

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
on Feb 26, 2008 at 12:32:06 am

Note that you need to convert your frame based aniumation to timeline based animation before adding keyframes via the button on the bottom right of the animation panel. You could also try using keyframing of mask position to do the reveal. That way you are not bringing the whole layer up at the same time.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

Brian Tull
on Feb 26, 2008 at 1:38:34 am

Yes, I suppose that would be preferable, just start with a black layer mask and move the white over at the squeegee passes over the element.

Return to posts index

Anthony Loughan
on Feb 28, 2008 at 10:46:54 pm

Thank you very much for your input. Didn't quite master the layer mask suggestion but am still playing with it. Here's what I came up with.

But after making this and optimizing the animation and saving for web, I tried to place it on my myspace page. Problem is that it adds in all these random pixels that make the animation look like crap. Any idea why this happens? I uploaded the file and it plays terribly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]