FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't change color of text after adding blended effects?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen Sutton
Can't change color of text after adding blended effects?
on Feb 18, 2008 at 5:46:35 am

Hi,

Why can't I change the color of my text from red to blue after I have added blended effects to it? It just turns gray after I add bevel and emboss, gradient overlay, and drop shadow.

Thanks,

Allen

Return to posts index

ekim wahs
Re: Can't change color of text after adding blended effects?
on Feb 18, 2008 at 8:19:41 pm

What gradient are you applying to the text layer? When you apply Gradient Overlay it will fill the text with color from the gradient. You can still change text color, but it will not be visible because the gradient colors are being overlaid on the text.

Mike Shaw
Photoshop QE

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Can't change color of text after adding blended effects?
on Feb 20, 2008 at 12:06:09 am

[ekim wahs] "When you apply Gradient Overlay it will fill the text with color from the gradient. You can still change text color, but it will not be visible because the gradient colors are being overlaid on the text."

You can change the blend mode of the gradient overlay to suit your needs a little better. If you're trying to darken the base color only then change it to 'Multiply' if you're trying to brighten then change it to 'Screen.' If you want to brighten some areas and darken others then use something like 'Overlay.' You can also reduce the opacity of the gradient overlay to make the effect less obvious (sometimes 'Color Dodge,' 'Color Burn' or 'Vivid Light' with a low opacity looks pretty cool).

Darby Edelen
Designer
Left Coast Digital
Santa Cruz, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]