FORUMS: list search recent posts

Want to imbed URL to webpage

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wayne Orr
Want to imbed URL to webpage
on Feb 7, 2008 at 8:02:27 pm

Let me explain what I want to do. Using PS-CS, I created a layered document 1024x768. The top half is text (a tribute) with a picture. The lower half would (in the very best of worlds) contain a URL link which would then open a video in the document (page). At this point I would settle for the video opening in another blank page if necessary. The video is 720x480

Lower section has a salutation and picture credit, plus I created a slice for a URL link. I double-clicked the user slice to bring up the slice pallette, created Image slice, and entered the URL, placed a message "click here"(?) tried various targets, including none and _self and guessed at dimensions for a 720x480 video size. (extra room for a control bar?)

I then saved for web, where I tried to create JPEG and save as HTML and background. When I preview from Image Ready, it looks OK, (but the video opens in another page) but then I exit PS and cannot access the page. What I would like to do with the page is include it in emails to people, where they can read the text about the person, and click the link to see the video. But now when I create a new post in Mac Mail, and attempt to attach the HTML doc, all I get is an outline of the slices and tiny icons indicating missing pix?, although the link works to the video, which opens in another frame.

I could put it on a server if I have to forget the email version.

As you probably guessed, I am just trying to slog my way through this, and your help would be much appreciated.

G5, Dual 2GHz, 1.5 GB Ram, OSX 10.4.8, FCP5.1.2, AJA Io, SATA External Array 500 Gig

Return to posts index

Abraham Chaffin
Re: Want to imbed URL to webpage
on Feb 7, 2008 at 8:10:10 pm

Not sure the way your email client is handling the html but you might need to put the images on a web server. The address of your images in the html email can be one of two things. It can either call for an image that is embedded into the email or it can call for an image that is on the web.

Your email program might be embedding the image automatically or if the images are addressed to your local machine then they won't be display when emailed.

I suggest uploading the images to the web and then editing the html you are using in the email to call for those images directly from the web.

Hope this helps,

Abraham

Return to posts index

wayne Orr
on Feb 8, 2008 at 12:35:49 am

I guess I'm not explaining this very well, Abraham. There are no "images" but rather a video, which is apprx 34MB in size, so it will not be imbedded in any email, but rather I want to include the URL where the video resides presently, and by "click to play" the reader would connect to the video. Hence, I say I want to imbed the URL in the email. Can I do this? This email would go to a number of people, rather than to one "client."
Thanks again.

G5, Dual 2GHz, 1.5 GB Ram, OSX 10.4.8, FCP5.1.2, AJA Io, SATA External Array 500 Gig

Return to posts index

Abraham Chaffin
on Feb 8, 2008 at 4:48:11 pm

Oh - Yea you can include a link to a video in your email. Just make your email an HTML email and setup the hyperlink...

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]