FORUMS: list search recent posts

applying alpha channel to all video frames

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Holt
applying alpha channel to all video frames
on Jan 17, 2008 at 4:15:22 pm

Hi everyone, this pertains mostly to CS2/Imageready
I am new to Particle Illusion and seem and find it so much fun.I am currently trying the PI SE just to get my feet wet.
I am interested in making someone turn to particles like in the video.I realize it can only be done in PI 3.0 (probaby?)
anyways.. from what I have read on the tutorial on this effect ,I have captured myself on a green screen,I converted to an AVI and was able to bring it in to Adobe Image Ready 6(animation) and then Import it to Photoshop CS2.I created my alpha channel on frame 1 ..but how do I get the alpha channel to follow through on all the rest so the entire clip has it?
Import it back to Image Ready and then what? Im a bit lost after the Mask/Alpha is created.
I believe this enire clip needs this to happen so I can bring this into PI.
Any guidence for getting this to work would be so greatly appreciated.
Kind regards

Return to posts index

Jason Kerschner
Re: applying alpha channel to all video frames
on Jan 22, 2008 at 8:45:15 pm

You should use After Effects to do this. If you try to do a chroma key in Photoshop, it will take you forever, plus that's just not how people in the industry do it.

I've been a video pro for 12 years now, I have 3 Emmy nominations, and I have never heard of doing a chroma key in Photoshop.

Try After Effects, you can key out the green with like one click, and then add your effect.

If you have your heart set on using Photoshop, you will just have to go frame by frame, take out your green, and then figure out how to add your Effect to the frames you want, and make it look like it's animated(think of a flipbook, that's what it's like trying to do it in Photoshop).

Hope this helps a bit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]