FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ok, back again and really frustrated! Please read...1

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelley Neff
Ok, back again and really frustrated! Please read...1
on Dec 28, 2007 at 11:56:47 pm

I went to another site and asked the same questions about PS CS2 loading so slow. I was told to turn down the graphics one notch, not to show font preview, to delete Adobe Bridge and version cue, and a few other things I can't remember right off the top of my head. I did all of the above and it didn't make a dif. I went to the plugin page for Commander. Downloaded it but haven't extracted yet. Unless its Pro, doesn't sound like its going to do what I need. And when I'm using PS, it really lags..sometimes up to 10 seconds before it does a command. What takes the longest when its loading at start up is reading preferences, which I don't know what would be in there that would cause it to take so long. Any ideas? I really getting desperate as this is interfering with my work.
Thanks so much for all your help.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Ok, back again and really frustrated! Please read...1
on Dec 29, 2007 at 2:21:45 am

Either your computer is really screwed up or your install is...

Call Adobe tech support.... this time of support is beyond what a forum can do.

Try a reinstall
Make sure your drivers are up to date etc.

Return to posts index

Kelley Neff
on Dec 29, 2007 at 2:56:12 am

when you say reinstall, do you mean deleting CS2 completely and reinstalling or just installing right over it it again?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Dec 29, 2007 at 3:15:30 am

Run the unisntaller then reinstall

Return to posts index

Kelley Neff
on Dec 30, 2007 at 1:49:35 am

Just wanted to let you know that I reinstalled PS2 and deleted alot of my plugins. Of course, there is hardly anything installed now, but it only takes 4 minutes to start up now. I do have PS3 and the Creative Suite. Are these any better? I'm checking into getting Plugin commander Pro right now because I can't make it without my plugins. Thanks for your help!!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Dec 31, 2007 at 1:26:47 am

If you LEGALLY own CS3 install it and call Adobe.. you get 30 days tech support with upgrades.

Your machine is whacked out though... Look to make sure you meet system requirements for RAM and video card... your performance is pathatic

Return to posts index

Kelley Neff
on Dec 31, 2007 at 9:49:14 am

Everything I own is legal! My computer meets all requirements easily. I may have a virus. I think my husband is going to format tomorrow. Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]