FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a program to store plugins, etc. so that PS will load faster?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelley Neff
Is there a program to store plugins, etc. so that PS will load faster?
on Dec 27, 2007 at 11:02:49 pm

I asked this question once before and someone answered about clicking the control/alt/delete then setting adobe.exe at high priority, which I did, but after I save and exit out, it goes back to normal priority. Okay, well, I know my problem is that I have wayyy too many plugins, gradients, etc., but I also need to have them available to use. Someone asked if I had alot of fonts loaded and I would say not alot, but I have added quite a few though.
Every time I start up Adobe CS2 (by the way) it takes almost 20 minutes to load!! I hate it. Is there a program that I can load all my extras in where I still have access to them and can use them easily? Someone told me there was, but I've not yet been able to find it. Or should I split the folders....would that help? I also have gobs of shapes and brushes...all of which I use though. Any ideas would be wonderful and hope everyone and a great Christmas!
Thanks
Kelley

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Is there a program to store plugins, etc. so that PS will load faster?
on Dec 28, 2007 at 3:17:00 am

As far as fonts, consider using Suitcase. It really helps to save system resources by keeping your font library outside of your system fonts folder, if you have a ton of fonts - many other benefits as well.
For plugins, maybe Plugin Commander can help you.

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]