FORUMS: list search recent posts

layers not showing up when opened in FCP

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
roberto yambo
layers not showing up when opened in FCP
on Dec 11, 2007 at 3:35:01 pm

I will try this forum 1st i am trying to get my Photoshop graphics to open in FCP but it will not open it with all the layers I don't know what settings I need to apply in order to fix this problem. Please help me if you can.

Roberto Yambo Jr.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: layers not showing up when opened in FCP
on Dec 13, 2007 at 3:30:56 am

This is WELL covered in forum archives

8 Bit RGB Mode

Import into FCP... double click sequence file

Return to posts index

roberto yambo
on Dec 13, 2007 at 5:28:45 pm

I have looked and I didn't find anything that helped me. I double checked and I do have 8 bit RGB. My situation is this I have photoshop CS 2 on an older PC. I just got a Mac OS X version 10.4.10 with Photoshop CS3, the graphics i make on the other pc open in FCP with all the layer styles that I have applied but not in separate layers even though i select layers when I save the file. The graphices made on the new mac version open in FCP with layers but no layer styles (nothing!) if i make effects on a red box in Photoshop all that opens in FCP is a red plain box! I have gone through and tried to spot a differance in each applications settings but I don't find anything. I don't know how else to fix this and it drives me crazy. Do you have any other thoughts that would help me here?

Roberto Yambo Jr.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Dec 14, 2007 at 3:59:13 am

Layer styles DO NOT travel...

really suggest you pick up the Photoshop for Video book....

you are making your life hard here...

Essentially.. you need to merge layer styled layers if you want to import a layered doc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]