FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop takes too long to load

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
purrsia
Photoshop takes too long to load
on Nov 29, 2007 at 2:00:39 am

Okay, I'm not expecting Photoshop to open right up, but it takes 17 minutes exactly from the time I click the start button til its completely loaded. I know this is probably stupid, but I have zillions of plugins, actions, gradients, etc, but I use most all of them. What takes the longest to load is the preferences, which I find odd. I'm running CS2...don't care for CS3. I was reading something about the scratch disk, but that would mean I'd have to have my computer reformated and partitioned and I don't want to do that right now. Can anyone tell me if there is something else I can do? I work with very large files...I do photo retouching for photographers and this makes it run slower. Can I put these extra's somewhere else? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Michiel Koers
Re: Photoshop takes too long to load
on Dec 11, 2007 at 10:33:31 am

There one little thing you can do. If you have photoshop opened, press CTRL+ALT+DEL. This will give you the task manager from Windows. (If you use windows, this doesn't work for a Mac as far as i know.)

Go to the list with all the processes that are running. (don't know the english word for it, i have a dutch windows)
Now scroll down to Photoshop.exe. Right-click on it, choose Priority and choose high. DO NO CHOOSE REALTIME! It will make your computer crash. If you choose high, it will make photoshop faster.

Hope this helps,
Michiel Koers

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Dec 11, 2007 at 2:39:27 pm

How many fonts do you have loaded

Return to posts index

purrsia
on Dec 11, 2007 at 2:51:01 pm

I'm not sure. I do have extra fonts, but not alot. However, I do keep trying to put Adobe on high priority, and everytime I do and reload it, it's back on normal. What am I supposed to do to keep it on high??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]