FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to smooth edges after cut has been made

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DVX100Shooter
How to smooth edges after cut has been made
on Nov 29, 2007 at 1:53:56 am

What do I need to do or what tool is best to use to smooth edges? I took a picture and already cut the background away leaving only what I needed. Now I want to go over that section and make the edges nice and smooth. A friend told me to invert the image and smooth the edges that way. I know how to invert the image but am lossed on how to actually go about smoothing the edges.

Thanks

I just looked at the Help manual in Pshop and it said something about I could smooth the edges BEFORE I used any of the Lasso tools etc. Now what can I do now that I have already used those tools to cut away the background? I want to be able to smooth the edges of the only thing left on the screen.

Chuck

Return to posts index

purrsia
Re: How to smooth edges after cut has been made
on Nov 29, 2007 at 2:18:55 am

Hi. I probably do this the hard way, but I am constantly cutting out backgrounds and I have to smooth the edges to blend with whatever background I put my cut on. I always pull my selection way up and go around the pixels with the blurring tool. Its always worked for me, but it is time consuming. I'm anxious to see what everyone else says. Also, I use the smudge tool alot when trying to get the edges soft and blended.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: How to smooth edges after cut has been made
on Nov 29, 2007 at 3:41:48 am

Make a Selection

Feather

Add Layer Mask

Refine As Needed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]