FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I paste unformatted text into photoshop?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mattness
How do I paste unformatted text into photoshop?
on Nov 5, 2007 at 6:26:31 pm

I have used photoshop for years, and it used to be that when you copied and pasted text into photoshop only the text would be copied, and it would take on the formatting of the text layer it was pasted into. In later versions, copying text in general copies and pastes the formatting of the text as well as just the text. This may be a function of the modern operating systems cause it happens when I paste text into email or word processing documents as well. This "feature" really bugs me because more often than not, I don't want to copy the formatting and want to paste the text into the document's existing formatting. It takes me an extra step to change it back. Some applications have a "paste unformatted text" option, but I can find no such option for photoshop. Does anyone no how to do this with photoshop? Its really bugging me today.

Thanks,

-Matt

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: How do I paste unformatted text into photoshop?
on Nov 6, 2007 at 2:53:02 pm

I'm using PS CS2. When I select the Type Tool, click in the artboard and create a text area or point text object, than paste the unformatted text - it does conform to the settings in the Character palette.
Is this what you mean?

Return to posts index

Abraham
on Nov 6, 2007 at 3:25:45 pm

A more general way to do this which will work for any program is to paste the formatted text into either Notepad (windows) or Simple Text (mac) or whatever program works in your os to create unformatted text. Then copy it again from that program and paste it into the other program.

For Photoshop specifically I don't seem to have a problem as Vincent has said it seems to conform to the settings you have in the Character palette.

Abraham

Return to posts index

mattness
on Nov 6, 2007 at 3:50:04 pm

It didn't seem to be conforming to the PS formatting correctly for me when copying out of mail and into CS3 on mac OSX. It must have had something to do with the way that particular text was formatted in mail. I did find this handy little piece of freeware called "PlainTextPaste":

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/24821

It adds two options "plain text copy" and "plain text paste" into most applications that have a standard "Edit" menu (not photoshop).

By doing a "plain text copy" out of mail, it pasted the text appropriately into photoshop.

-matt

Return to posts index

Sebi Tauciuc
on Feb 3, 2016 at 9:46:47 am

You can go one step faster than with the text editor. Use the Ps Type tool's font drop-down for clearing the styling.

Here's the technique explained in more detail:
http://futurice.com/blog/photoshop-productivity-hack-paste-and-match-style-...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]