FORUMS: list search recent posts

PhotoShop Size Document ???

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karim
PhotoShop Size Document ???
on Sep 27, 2007 at 12:33:54 am

Hi there,

I was wondering how to create a very large document in PhotoShop CS3 This is for Printing I think there are some limitation in the Size Document when created ???

am I right ???

Best Regards

Karim,

Return to posts index

Twitchmonkey
Re: PhotoShop Size Document ???
on Sep 27, 2007 at 12:57:05 am

I've tested this, and I did get an error message saying there was insufficient memory on the scratch disk when I tried to make a 100 in. x 100 in. file. If you have multiple drives however, you can perhaps change the drive in the Edit->Preferences->Performance tab. However, since you're most likely not creating a composition that is 8 ft. x 8 ft., you might not encounter any problems. Also, remember to set your pixels per inch to 300, you probably knew that, but I wouldn't want to see an image as big as you're planning on making at 72 ppi.

Return to posts index

The_Pike
on Sep 27, 2007 at 9:22:25 am

Just a point worth noting, large format printing is rarely done at 300 dpi, depending on what you are printing on the dpi will range from 72 to 220. Also older versions of Photoshop and a lot applications for handling and printing files won't cope with files over 2GB.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Sep 27, 2007 at 12:55:36 pm

THis is why the PSB format is in the menu.... but you are FAR better doing something that large with a pagelayout program

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]