FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shrinking file size

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Curt Sackett
Shrinking file size
on Aug 31, 2007 at 3:25:00 am

Hi. I'm trying to upload a postcard image that I created in Photoshop (which I'm new at). The file is 13.2 MB, and I need it to be 8 MB to upload. How do I compress the file down to that size. I tried the "Save for Web/Devices" but it only lets me go to a 2048 KB size. I want the full 8 MB for the image.

Please advise!

Return to posts index

Abraham
Re: Shrinking file size
on Aug 31, 2007 at 5:15:22 am

In the "Save for Web/Devices" window you can adjust the quality for JPEG images and the colors for GIF images to increase or decrease the file size. If you are at 2048 KB or 2 MB all you need to do is increase the quality a little with the controls in that window.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Curt Sackett
on Aug 31, 2007 at 1:28:55 pm

"Save for Web & Devices" limits my file size to 2MB, I need a much bigger file of 8MB. I click the "Optimize for file size" option, and the largest it will go up to is 2 MB. If there's a way to change the limit then how? Or is there another way?

Return to posts index

Abraham
on Aug 31, 2007 at 4:05:29 pm

If you've turned up the quality in the "Save for Web & Devices" dialogue then there shouldn't be a reason to need the file size 8 MB. You could always try saving through the file menu > save as and choose what format you want, this will give you a slightly larger file size if you turn up the quality.

Sounds like you are saying you need a larger file size and not better quality so I'm a bit confused...

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]