FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any shortcuts to re-sizing scanned photos for DVD project?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Jerome Robbins
Any shortcuts to re-sizing scanned photos for DVD project?
on Jul 7, 2007 at 2:40:45 am

I am working on a Mac 10.3 Media 100 Photoshop CS2

A client brought me a disc with 110 photos that had been scanned. They all need to be re-cropped and then save as jpeg files to be brought into my editing system. What would be the most efficient way to accomplish this? Right now I am thinking the long way, crop each image, and copy it, open a new file with NTSC dv 720X480, then Paste the cropped image. Then I have to Transform to Scale to get it to fit with a black background. last save to a folfer to be brought in to my NLE system. Any ideas on a better way will be appreciated.
Thanks,

jerome

Return to posts index

rivlinm
Re: Any shortcuts to re-sizing scanned photos for DVD project?
on Jul 8, 2007 at 5:00:02 pm

without getting too detailed in this post set up actions as well as using an automated process found under file/batch/automate (i think?)

you will make a tool preset for your crop, then make an action that uses the tool preset, crops, then prepares for saving.

Use the batch automation to open the files, run the action, then save your files with an appropriate file naming method.

This is a process with endless options, but a quick look in the help files for actions, and batch automation will really save your life.

I had to resize well over 100 images and i set up the process in 2 minutes while the actual PS work took less then 30 seconds!!!!!

matthew

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Any shortcuts to re-sizing scanned photos for DVD project?
on Jul 15, 2007 at 5:23:28 pm

You'll find DVD Slideshow actions a part of the Video Action set is CS2 and CS3. I wrote them. Just load the Video Actions set from the Layers palette submenu.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]