FORUMS: list search recent posts

create a DVD label template

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
delirious
create a DVD label template
on Jun 18, 2007 at 6:48:34 pm

I'm a newbie with Photoshop and I am trying to learn how create a new DVD face label template. The new software for the label printer will do full-face printing, but all our old DVD templates were set up for a standard label and don't seem to work well in the new program.
In Photoshop, I can open our existing template, but can't figure out how to change the dimensions of the center hole to set up my file for full-face printing.
I then decided it might be best to start with a new template altogether and downloaded one (a PSD file) from the website of our printing software, but I can't figure out how to make the Background of the label clear instead of a color (their default on the layer).

I feel silly for asking, but I really do need to figure this out. I'll be grateful for any tips you can give or tuitorials you can point me to.

Return to posts index

LauraITT
Re: create a DVD label template
on Jun 19, 2007 at 10:30:47 am

Hey,
To make the background transparent, on the right hand side of the page where you can see all the layers, there is one called background there will be a little 'lock' icon next to it. Double click that and press ok on the popup box that will appear. Then when you have the background layer highlighted you can erase the background using the eraser tool.
Im not too sure what you were asking in the first part of your comment.
Hope this helps,
Laura

Return to posts index

delirious
on Jun 20, 2007 at 1:42:25 pm

The template I downloaded from surething labeler has a background color assigned to the DVD (in this case pink). I can choose a different color, but I don't want a color. I would like to make the bottom layer of the DVD clear or transparent. I didn't see the background option/lock you were talking about on the template I have.

I don't care if I use the surething template or not, I just thought that would be the way to go since that is the software we use to print the labels. Anyone know where I can find a good full-face (prints to the edges and smaller hole in middle) DVD template or how to create one?

Thanks

Return to posts index

LauraITT
on Jun 21, 2007 at 9:40:31 am

Maybe you could try changing the opacity to 0% or clicking that layer and using the eraser.

http://www.surething.com/ST/Category.asp?CatCode=DOWNLOADS

I just downloaded 'SureThing Photoshop Label Templates' at the above website and tested it and it worked fine. I made the background transparent.

Return to posts index

delirious
on Jun 26, 2007 at 8:13:36 pm

Thanks so Much!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]