FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Arbitrary map in photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
spikeyjohn
Creating Arbitrary map in photoshop
on Apr 27, 2007 at 6:03:31 am

My question is .. how do i create an arbitrary map in photoshop, i went through the curve but i dont have any clue as to how I shud proceed further and save it so i can use it on AE(glow).

Return to posts index

wuzelwazel
Re: Creating Arbitrary map in photoshop
on Apr 29, 2007 at 10:58:38 pm

This is something I've been dying to find out for a long time. I tried to figure it out myself once, but got stalled at getting the arbitrary map into AE. I'll give it another shot, but if anyone knows how to do this would they mind sharing?

Return to posts index

wuzelwazel
on Apr 29, 2007 at 11:22:43 pm

Okay, so I played around with it a bit more and figured it out.

To get the Arbitrary Map out of PS you have to go into curves and set it up as you want it (arbitrarily... of course). Before you click the 'Save...' button make sure that you have the pencil tool selected in the Curves dialog. If you Save without the pencil tool selected then it will save a curves (.acv) file, when you select the pencil tool it saves an arbitrary map (.amp) file.

Now, the confusing part was how to get this file into the Glow effect in AE. The AE documentation says that when you select the 'Arbitrary Map' option a standard 'Open' dialog should pop up, but this doesn't happen... unless you hit the 'Options...' button of the Glow effect. When you hit 'Options...' you get an Open dialog that will allow you to select any Arbitrary Map (.amp) files.

Note: I tried saving out an .acv file and renaming it to .amp but the Open dialog in AE wasn't fooled.

Glad I finally figured this one out, hope this helped.

Return to posts index

spikeyjohn
on Apr 30, 2007 at 2:12:52 am

Thanks man that helped me heaps... reason im asking is i was looking through ayatos tutorial 18 and got stuck at that point..have u tried it?if you have let me know, coz i wanna know how he gets the highlighted color for his glow in step 3..here is the link just in case.
http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e/ae18_e.html

Return to posts index

spikeyjohn
on Apr 30, 2007 at 4:47:50 am

Thanks man that helped me heaps... reason im asking is i was looking through ayatos tutorial 18 and got stuck at that point..have u tried it?if you have let me know, coz i wanna know how he gets the highlighted color for his glow in step 3..here is the link just in case.

Return to posts index

spikeyjohn
on Apr 30, 2007 at 6:43:29 am

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]