FORUMS: list search recent posts

Save for Web using Photoshop 7

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Pita5467
Save for Web using Photoshop 7
on Mar 8, 2007 at 7:59:13 pm

I created a small banner to put on a website using image ready to make the animation. I then sent the file to Photoshop and clicked save for web. Once in that screen I saved as a gif (restricted) and saved. I can see the banner with the animation when I open it in Safari, but my problem is, if I send the banner via email, the recipient cannot open it to see the animation. I attached the file that works on my computer. When opening the recipient opens the attachment, they can only see a small blue box with a ? in a new Safari window. How can I send a gif file with animation, via email, and have the recipient be able to view the animation?

Thank you any help!

Return to posts index

Kathlyn Lindeboom
Re: Save for Web using Photoshop 7
on Mar 11, 2007 at 10:00:10 pm

It may be corrupting when you send it. Try putting the gif in a folder and then zip it. Attach the zipped file to the email.

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo!

Return to posts index

TiffaniB
Re: Save for Web using Photoshop 7
on Mar 15, 2007 at 4:05:08 pm

Photoshop cannot save an animated gif - it will only save the first frame. You need to save it as optimized in Image Ready.

Open the animated gif in Image Ready (make sure all the frames and layers are there, that this isn't the file Photoshop created). Click on the Optimized tab in the upper left corner of your image, and choose the settings you want. You can play with the number of colors, dithering, etc, until you get the smallest file size you can while still maintaining acceptable images. Then click on File, Save Optimized As... and save it.

Tiffani B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]