FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to remove a "merger" from Premiere "filmstrip" file - "clone stamp tool" inconsistent

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David DiCanio
Trying to remove a "merger" from Premiere "filmstrip" file - "clone stamp tool" inconsistent
on Mar 5, 2007 at 7:13:02 am

Mistakenly posted this in Photoshop/Illustrator, so I'm posting it here.

I've done lots of reading here, but can't come up with anything. I'm not super proficient with Photoshop. I have a bad sit down interview avi file - background is not blurred and there is a doorknob sticking out the interviewees ear. I'm trying to remove it by exporting the avi out of Premiere as a filmstrip, and then working in Photoshop. How can I get consistency from frame to frame. The Clone tool is what I've tried, but no success. Am I able to cover this doornob with a mask of sorts, and duplicate that mask to each frame of the filmstrip, exactly? If you're able to give me a step by step it would be greatly appreciated. The interviewee keeps his head somewhat still, but more of the knob is showing in some frames than in others. So the mask would not be consistent.

Return to posts index

TiffaniB
Re: Trying to remove a "merger" from Premiere "filmstrip" file - "clone stamp tool" inconsistent
on Mar 15, 2007 at 4:55:11 pm

You'd have to mask and clone stamp each frame individually.

The problem you'll have is that the resulting "patch" will waver or flicker, because you cannot make the clone stamp identical for each frame.

I would suggest you post your question in the forum pertaining to your video editing software instead (Premiere Pro?). Video editors might have some better tricks than using Photoshop.

Tiffani B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]