FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gettting colors straight from Photoshop to Flash (with transparency)

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andra
Gettting colors straight from Photoshop to Flash (with transparency)
on Jan 12, 2007 at 4:31:42 pm

Hi everyone!

I know this has been discussed all over the web for about a million times, but for all the advice I've read, I can't seem to get this right.

I've got a Photoshop file in which I've built what I want a website to look like. Now I want to move several parts of that file to Flash as PNG-files with transparency. The colorspace or profile (they're actually using both terms in one dialog, just to confuse noobs like me ;P) for this file is sRGB IECnumbersnstuff.

When I choose Save for Web, already it's looking quite a bit lighter and less saturated then the original file. I can choose "Use document color profile" so that the optimized version looks a lot better, but it's still slightly lighter then the original and it doesn't effect the outcome in Flash.

And when I just go ahead and export the file to PNG and import that into Flash, the image gets even lighter and a bit less saturated. I've uploaded a screendump at http://www.eurovoice.nl/n/colors.png so you can have a look at it yourself.

I'm using a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.4.8 and I've tried this on CS2 and the beta of CS3. CS3 is even a bit funkier: when you choose "Use document color profile" in Save for web the optimized version is almost fully transparent save for a few purple lines. But hey, that's why it's a beta, right?

Any suggestions are very welcome. Thanks in advance!

Yours,
Andra

Rotterdam, the Netherlands

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]