FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another Pen tool Thread!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MAX POWER
Another Pen tool Thread!
on Dec 3, 2006 at 8:21:50 pm

Hello all,

I've been using Illustrator and Photoshop for years and I'm very comfortable with both programs. However I can't seem to figure out why the pen tool acts differently in the programs. I've gotten quite good with creating paths quickly and precisely in Illustrator, but I can hardly use the pen in Photoshop. All the little short cuts seem to be gone, like holding down the spacebar to reposition an anchor, or clicking on an anchor to break off the handle.. These are all things I do constantly when tracing in Illustrator.

Anyone know why they work differently, and if there is wome sort of patch to make the photoshop pen behave like the Illustrator one? Seems so odd to me that these programs made by the same comapny, and supposed to be used in tandem have such a difference between a very commonly used tool...

Any help or insight would be great!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Jim Kanter
Re: Another Pen tool Thread!
on Dec 4, 2006 at 9:48:20 pm

Maybe it's because they are different programs that were developed by different teams of programmers at different times?

The little inconsistencies between programs can drive one nuts!

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

MAX POWER
Re: Another Pen tool Thread!
on Dec 5, 2006 at 3:21:32 pm

Well thanks...
Yes of course I know that, I was just asking if anyone knew of any patches or perhaps some preferences I could set to make the Photoshop pen tool act like the Illustrator one. I find this to be a fairly large inconsistency. Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]