FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photo's import too dark

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kevinreddog
Photo's import too dark
on Nov 4, 2006 at 4:59:05 pm

I have a samsung monitor and every photo I open is too dark (way dark). The photo's are sRGB from a Nikon and the only way to get them to brighten up is to use view>proof set-up>monitor RGB (this works fine). But I don't want to do that every time I open a photo!

So I have set edit>color settings>RGB:Monitor RGB - Samsung ICM Profile in the preferences but now everytime I open up a photo I get a dialog box that says "embedded color profile does not match current RGB working space, embedded: sRGB and working:monitor RGB.

The dark photo's not only come up in Photoshop, but Elements and Bridge too. How do I get a normal looking photo??

Return to posts index

kevinreddog
Re: Photo's import too dark
on Nov 4, 2006 at 5:15:57 pm

I just figured out how to fix the problem above, there is a check box in the edit>color settings for missing profiles for "do not show when opening". So I have fixed photoshop to open a normally bright picture, but bridge is still showing all photo's way too dark. Any ideas on how to fix bridge?

Return to posts index

Lars joseph
Re: Photo's import too dark
on Nov 19, 2008 at 3:11:43 am

Just as the previous post, I had a problem with brightness / overly dark tones when using adobe programs (more specifically Photoshop CS4 and Bridge). The same images that was rendering really dark in Photoshop and Bridge looked just fine in other applications, like Paint shop och ACDSee. Since only adobe programs showed the images in these dark tones i figured it wasn't a monitor calibration problem. After some troubleshooting I found a solution that worked for me. I thought better post it, since I didn't really find anything helpful when I googled this.

I'm running Vista, and under 'color management' in the control panel I found the source of the problem. There is an option in the 'devices' tab that reads something like 'use my settings with this device' in regards to the color profiles. In my case, the box was ticked, and unticking it resolved my problems with Adobe. Now Photoshop and Bridge views images normally and I can assign a normal working profile, eg. Adobe (1998) and brightness looks just fine.

You need to exit and restart Adobe Bridge for the changes to take effect. Hope this helps someone, I really couldn't find many helpful posts about this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]