FORUMS: list search recent posts

Actions..how to auto save?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mav777
Actions..how to auto save?
on Oct 30, 2006 at 12:14:42 pm

Hi there,

I've created an action that auto tweaks/improves a batch of jpeg photos and then moves them to a folder...great time saver...the only problem I'm facing is that after each photo has been tweaked..the jpeg compression saving option comes up...which means I have to manually press "Ok" for every single photo..before the action moves onto the next pic.

I've also tried simply making a step in the action that "Saves" the file...but this also presents a problem...because every photo gets saved to the same single file name! (ie. the one that I 'recorded' in the original action.)

How do I simply apply actions and then save them or move them to a new folder...with absolutely no user intervention?

(I'm using Photoshop CS) Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Mav777
Re: Actions..how to auto save?
on Nov 6, 2006 at 1:19:59 am

Actually managed to figure out my own solution for this....in case anyone else wants to know...

You can simply add a saving step to the action itself...choose the folder where you want to save all your files...the secret is to make sure you DO NOT click on the file name box...otherwise all your files will save to that exact same name...simply press save instead...

It's also worth adding a close step as well...

When running the action you just keep the 2nd option set to "None"..dont tell it to do any more saving etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]