FORUMS: list search recent posts

changing a transparency into a brush

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
purrsia
changing a transparency into a brush
on Oct 22, 2006 at 7:31:43 pm

Hi
I recently purchased eyelashes from a site and they are on a transparency. Is it possible for me to make these transparencies into brushes? If so, how do I do it. I still consider myself a newbie in photoshop SC2 so if you can talk me through it I would be so grateful.
Thank you
Kelley

Return to posts index

purrsia
Re: changing a transparency into a brush
on Oct 25, 2006 at 6:09:43 pm

Hi. I'm sorry, but I didn't understand your screen shot. Here's a photo of the transparency with eyelashes. Here is a link where you can see the transparency with the eyelashes.
http://www.kelsphotocreations.com/misc.htm
Thank you

Return to posts index

purrsia
on Oct 26, 2006 at 7:54:09 pm

I'm sorry. I don't think I explained myself right. What I need is for the transparency that I received that has the lashes on it, its black background and white lashes. I need to be able to take these lashes and make them into brushes in photoshop, but I cannot select anything because the transparency is all merged together. I tried to invert so the background was white and the lashes were black, but I still couldn't select any lashes to make a brush with. Does that make sense?

Return to posts index

Doug Graham
on Oct 31, 2006 at 5:23:58 pm

Change the lash color to black, or whatever it is you want to use. Use the magic wand selection tool to select the background by clicking anywhere in it.

Invert Selection.

Copy (CTRL+C).

Open the image you want to paste the lashes into and Paste (CTRL+V)

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

purrsia
on Oct 31, 2006 at 7:33:30 pm

Hi
I thought this was really going to work and I did everything you said. I just painted over the eyelashes black. The I used the wand and clicked and this turned the background white. I then copied this background and tried to paste it into a transparent background, but it only pasted the white. Did I do something wrong?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Paul Benson
on Nov 20, 2006 at 8:49:04 pm

To me, the whole pic looks inverted, so you may want to invert the picture first. Select one of the eyelashes with whatever method you prefer. In the Edit bar choose Define Brush Preset. It should now show up in your brush list (make sure you switch to paintbrush) and is most likely on the bottom of the list. If you have a tablet, you may want to have it orient according to the tilt of your pen. Note: I have CS1, but I doubt much has changed in this area - if so, this may give you the proper pointers.

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]