FORUMS: list search recent posts

automate sizing images

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary-young
automate sizing images
on Sep 25, 2006 at 12:44:07 pm

I have tried using actions to batch resize digital camera images to then import into iDVD on the Mac.

I am trying to find a way to batch convert the files so that all the photos taken vertically (portrait format)are rotated without manually selecting each one.

I have about 500 JPEGS from a days shoot so I am hoping on dramatically cutting down on time spent manually rotating all the vertical images.

Any suggestions?

thanks for reading

Gary

Return to posts index

Doug Graham
Re: automate sizing images
on Sep 26, 2006 at 8:13:23 pm

Writing the action will be a lot simpler if you sort the photos first.

In the media browser (or any thumbnail viewing program) select all the vertical images and move them to their own file folder.

Now, all you have to do is write a simple action to rotate the photos, and batch the entire folder.

Regards,
Doug Graham

Return to posts index

cow
EvilClown
on Sep 28, 2006 at 2:48:18 am

You don't need an action. Depending on the number of vertical images you can select all the vertical images in bridge (file browser) and use the Edit > Rotate commands.

Evil Clown
http://www.cafepress.com/lukeahearn

Return to posts index

gary-young
on Sep 29, 2006 at 5:50:43 pm

EVIL

that solves it simply and easily

I did not realise rotating could be done in a folder window

what a timesaver that is

thanks alot

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on Oct 10, 2006 at 4:33:39 pm

Hi Gary,

Evil is right. I just got back from a shoot from China with over 2000 images. This is what I'm doing. I'm copying my images to another folder because I want to keep my originals untouched. I go to my new folder, I mark my portrait images with a star, turn them 90 degrees all at one time and set my action up for 720x480. I run my action and turn my portrait images back 90 degrees all at one time and I'm finished. This is fast and it works for me. Just put your imagination to work in CS2 and your on your way.

Ralph Hajik
Westmont, IL

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]