FORUMS: list search recent posts

transparency question..

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dax702
transparency question..
on Aug 23, 2006 at 1:04:05 am

I'm creating a menu for a DVD in Photoshop CS2. I need to import my text psd buttons as transparent so basically I'm creating the buttons on the menu background in photoshop and then selecting that particular layer and making a new document out of it and pasting it. How do I make the background transparent instead of black?

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: transparency question..
on Aug 23, 2006 at 4:37:40 pm

When you create a new document in Photoshop, there's an option for what the background contents should be. Choose Transparent.

You can also just delete the background layer, though first you have to make it a regular layer. In the Layers palette, double-click it, OK the dialog, then trash the layer.

In Photoshop CS2, there's also an option that can save you the step of moving your layers to separate documents. Use File > Scripts > Layers to Files.

Return to posts index

dax702
on Aug 23, 2006 at 4:50:01 pm

"In Photoshop CS2, there's also an option that can save you the step of moving your layers to separate documents. Use File > Scripts > Layers to Files."

That is just awesome and it appeared to work too! Question though, when I try and import a psd into DVD Workshop 2, two different ways, 2 things happen. One way, it imports looking the way it should, however the background behind the text is black. The second way I tried to import it, the psd loses the styling I applied to the text and it's just plain white.. If I import as PNG instead of PSD will this fix it?

Return to posts index

dax702
on Aug 23, 2006 at 4:51:21 pm

nevermind, png isn't an option... will try jpg

Return to posts index

dax702
on Aug 23, 2006 at 5:01:15 pm

JPG didn't work :(

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Aug 24, 2006 at 12:48:19 am

I'm not familiar with DVD Workshop. You'll probably want to ask them what type of alpha channel support they provide for PSD files and other file types. Note that in the Layers to Files dialog you can specify a few different file types, though not all of them (for example, JPEG) support alpha channels.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]