FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to use an EPS template for DVD cover

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dax702
How to use an EPS template for DVD cover
on Aug 16, 2006 at 6:15:19 pm

I'm quite new to Photoshop and I'm tutorialing myself through the learning process. I'm going to ATTEMPT to design an Amaray DVD cover sheet/insert in photoshop and the duplication company has provided me an EPS template file. Is there an existing tutorial out there someone knows about, or some standard as far as how to use this template? The template can be found here:

http://coptechwest.com/downloads/templates/DVDWrap.eps

When I try to open it, PS brings up a dialog box with sizing info in it, I'm guessing the first thing to do is to change the 72dpi to 300dpi since it's going to be printed?

Basically just looking for how to get started with this template..
Thanks a bunch!

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
Re: How to use an EPS template for DVD cover
on Aug 17, 2006 at 12:14:48 am

Yes, change the resolution to print-quality resolution. Other than that, there's not much to it. Just create your design within bounds of the template. About that- with printed templates that are going to be cut, it's always recommended you give your design a little "bleed"- make sure the design goes outside a little bit so you have some wiggle room for when the paper is cut.

Oh, and you probably will want to make sure to turn off the template layers before you print. I haven't looked at the template (but am familiar with the type), so I don't know how many layers it will create. Might want to tuck them into a layer group/set (same thing) and keep that as your top layer. Of course, always put your design work on new layers.

Return to posts index

dax702
on Aug 17, 2006 at 12:31:59 am

I see... Can you take a look at this template? There are dotted lines and solid lines on it, so I'm not sure, but I think the design is supposed to be within the dotted lines?

Return to posts index

Timothy Kurkoski
on Aug 17, 2006 at 6:34:57 am

Yeah, the dotted lines look like the "safe" area, if you will. The solid lines appear to be the bleed area. I'd suggest you design just past the solid lines to be safe. (You can always contact the publisher of the template to ask for sure.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]