FORUMS: list search recent posts

can you view photos electronically, like with scopes, for color correcting...

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
filmscribe
can you view photos electronically, like with scopes, for color correcting...
on Jul 31, 2006 at 4:29:53 am

hello,
a friend who's a photographer has Photoshop CS (not 2), has shot some 3 seperate pictures of a panoramic location and would like to stitch them together, but first he needs to color correct them so they are similiar (sun was dropping & colors were changing)...and he's having a hell of a time...

i only work with video and told him in video editing, we have waveform monitors, vector scopes, rgb parades, etc., to tell us electronically what IS actually going on, and make CC changes accordingly rathar than eye-balling it...

so question finally is, does Photoshop CS have scopes or something similiar, or is there a plug in he could use, or a similiar program you recommend, i could always use Final Cut Pro, but at 72 dpi, that's not going to do him any good...

thanks fellow wranglers,
Lonnie

Return to posts index

filmscribe
Re: can you view photos electronically, like with scopes, for color correcting...
on Jul 31, 2006 at 5:03:36 am

or if there aren't scopes, there must be tool set or techniques within Photoshop to do this...
thanks again,
Lonnie

Return to posts index

stuntgirl
Re: can you view photos electronically, like with scopes, for color correcting...
on Aug 27, 2006 at 12:38:15 pm

well, you just need to open the image corrections tools....start with levels (on a layer), and really, curves (on a layer!) gives you more control. To "see" numerical equivalents of hues, use the eye dropper over the image, looking in the "info" palette.......

I have a video background, so, you won't see those kind of "scopes".....but, the ideas the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]