FORUMS: list search recent posts

blending options not importing

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Video Hilites
blending options not importing
on May 19, 2006 at 12:09:31 am

So I'm importing a psd file from photoshop into final cut that needs to be layered over some video. I've got some blending options on several of the layers (bevel, stroke, outer glow), but when I open the file up in FCP the blending options don't show up - just the base layers. Am I missing a setting or a save option somewhere? I can't find anything related on any forums, and I've been trying different options all afternoon. Need this for a client ASAP, so any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

Return to posts index

Nathan Troester
Re: blending options not importing
on May 19, 2006 at 1:55:07 pm

In Photoshop, right click on the little "f" (indicates effect) circle of the layer that has the layer effects (bevel, stroke, outer glow).

In the long list of options there will be an option towards the bottom called "Create Layer." This will create a layer for each of the layer effects applied to that layer.

The PSD should now import into FCP with those effects visible.

Nathan Troester

Return to posts index

Video Hilites
on May 19, 2006 at 4:27:00 pm

Thanks, that got it in, but now there's a new problem. Suddenly, I can't see the image I created when i layer it over another video track. If it's on it's own I can see it just fine, but if it's over anything else, it's invisible on screen. Is this a common problem when creating those extra layers, or is this completely out of left field? Thanks

Return to posts index

Nathan Troester
on May 22, 2006 at 1:46:05 pm

Maybe check the blending modes. Flattening your Photoshop image before importing might help too.

Also, for a great, concise explanation of importing Photoshop files into FCP see Volume I, page 384 of the FCP manual. Hey, there's even a couple illustrations. :)

Enjoy,

Nathan Troester

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]