FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving *.tiff files as *.jpeg

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ric Todhunter
Saving *.tiff files as *.jpeg
on Apr 28, 2006 at 3:25:10 am

Gidday,

I am not completely unfamiliar with Photoshop and I know the difference between the raster TIFF format and a JPEG (compressed) however I have recently scanned a couple of things into a *.tiff format and want to now go back and make a copy "save as" *.jpeg but Photoshop CS2 is not giving me the option to do so. I can save it as a *.psd but even when I open that *.psd file, jpeg is not one of the options given when I ask to "save as". I have not worked with *.tiff files before and am not sure what I am missing. Can you help.

Ric

Return to posts index

Nathan Troester
Re: Saving *.tiff files as *.jpeg
on Apr 28, 2006 at 2:11:26 pm

FILE > SAVE FOR THE WEB is a good way to save your image as a JPEG (or GIF or PNG).

That said, you should still be able to do a "Save As" to the image. Check IMAGE > MODE and make sure that the color space is set to "RGB Color." This will allow the most "Save As" options.

Return to posts index

Ric Todhunter
Re: Saving *.tiff files as *.jpeg
on Apr 28, 2006 at 8:55:25 pm

Thanks Nathan that worked. I have no idea what the problem could be. Once I saved it as a jpeg by your method of "save for web" (which uses Image Ready) the whole list of file formats was then available in the "save as" drop down menu. Weird eh? I guess it was something about the way it was scanned origionally (the scanner is new for me).

is there different ways of encoding the same file format (ie the *.tiff that came from the scanner) in the same way that for video different codecs will produce *.avi files and you need the same codec to read the file?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]