FORUMS: list search recent posts

Eyedropper tool setting color to the background

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
soopafly
Eyedropper tool setting color to the background
on Apr 26, 2006 at 6:43:28 pm

Hello all,
This problem is driving me crazy!! For the past 2 months, the eyedropper tool in Photoshop CS has been setting the color to the background, rather than the foreground which is what I prefer. I know it's probably a setting somewhere that I'm overlooking. Can someone please point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance!!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Jim Kanter
Re: Eyedropper tool setting color to the background
on May 2, 2006 at 2:35:41 pm

Is the foreground color chip selected when you select the eyedropper?

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

Diana Sprinkle
on Dec 27, 2007 at 8:08:22 am

Sorry for posting in an old thread but I just figured out how to fix this.

There's a menu on the right in Photoshop CS, it's labeled "Color" (F6 brings it up) it has two boxes of color that show the current foreground and background colors. One will have a black outline around the color box and the other will have a slightly lighter gray box around it. For some reason these outlines are almost indistinguishable from each other, thin, and hard to see... but they control which box is active. You want to click on the edge of the one in front (the foreground color) to change the current tool default to that box.

Do this for all of your tools that are having trouble. Make sure to click on the edge of the color box and not inside where the color is. Hopefully this will fix your problem.

-Diana

Return to posts index

Kevin Perera
on Feb 3, 2012 at 1:29:37 am

Thank you so much! Great description and explanation. This has been bugging me for years - I never noticed that there were those slight outlines on those color squares on the F6 color palette in addition to the normal left-side tool palette.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]